Internet Fax Services vs Traditional Fax
|Single User||Fax 500||eFax Plus||Best Value||Essential|
Base Plan Pages
|500||500||150 / 150||200 / 100||500|
Keep Your Number
Free TollFree Opt.
Use My Machine
|Full Review||Nextiva Review||Ringcentral Review||eFax Review||MyFax Review||MetroFax Review|
What is Online Fax?
Online fax is also known as digital fax, email fax, or Internet fax.
An online fax service allows you to send faxes by an Internet-accessible device — whether this be computer, PDA, or iPad--or, vice versa, to send a fax from a traditional fax machine to an Internet-accessible device.
The traditional fax machine does not need an Internet connection to send or receive online faxes; online fax service providers perform the necessary conversions and transmissions. Online fax services will also provide fax storage and tools such as logs for managing faxes.
To effectively capitalize on the power of internet faxing and the flexibility and convenience that it offers, a business must choose the service that best meets its needs.
How to Fax Online
Complete setup to start faxing online takes approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
1. Establish an account with an online faxing service provider.
2. Fax using your Web-based email program, the provider's interface on their Web site, or on a separate desktop application.
If you have a fax number with your local telephone company, you likely can move that number over to an online fax service for use there after you sign up.
Online Faxing Advantages
1. Less than $10 / month: Sending and receiving your faxes over the Internet saves money. All you need is an Internet faxing service provider and a device to access the Internet. In addition, a scanner is an optional tool to allow you to digitize documents that you do not already have stored.
2. Efficiency: The traditional way of sending and receiving faxes requires physically accessing a fax machine and concerning yourself with whether it is operational. Online faxing does away with those concerns and affords the same mobility and speed you have with the Internet.
Incoming faxes go straight to your email. A notice can be sent to recipients by cell phone, pager, or email to alert them they have a fax waiting. Faxes can even be sent internationally.
3. Fax on the go: Fax through the online interface or send a fax by email.
4. Multiple recipients: With the old method of fax transmission, you were limited to one recipient for your fax — not so for internet faxing, which allows faxes to be sent to multiple recipients simultaneously.
5. Security: Your experience with traditional faxing using a fax machine and dedicated telephone line has likely left you wondering at times whether the faxes you sent might have been vulnerable to viewing by persons without a need to see the content. Online faxing reduces that concern by delivering your faxes in encrypted emails directed only to the recipients you specify.
6. Sustainability: Internet faxing is environmentally friendly because it reduces paper and ink usage. Online faxes can be managed entirely through electronic means, editing, annotating, copying and signing. This saves trees as well as physical office storage space.